Following are some strategy notes, resources and tools for the participants of the Nonprofit Technology Network’s data-driven social media strategy webinar in September, 2014.
Thank you to NTEN for the opportunity to present.
Setting your goals
- How to set up Google Analytics goals
- Microsurveys with Qualaroo
- Short, trackable links – Bit.ly
- Unique links for champions – Ted.com
- Bespoke analytics on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn
- Third-party analytics for Instagram (Iconosquare), and many others (Simply Measured)
- Google Alerts <3
- Hubspot’s Marketing Grader
- Social CRM AgoraPulse and social-capable CRM Salesforce
- Social listening tool Social Mention
Planning to innovate
- Here’s a great example of social media reporting – How the Sundance Film Festival Used Social Media
- Data visualization tools Infogr.am and Google Charts
Does gmail block Bit.ly links and categorize your emails as spam?
It did for a while but no longer does, according to MailChimp. My contact, an expert in email SEO, says there’s no evidence to suggest it’s still true.
Does anyone use Nation Builder as a CRM? What has been your experience?
Here’s Idealware’s advice, but CMSwire also wrote about Nation Builder. Nation Builder’s Organizing Director Emily Schwartz is actually part of the NTEN community – she might have some insights for you too.